Constraint Confusion

From: doug <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 19:00:31 GMT

I recently was told that some DDL sitting under an application was designed incorrectly,
and that several CHAR(12) fields should be changed to numeric fields. Three tables
were directly affected by this decision, and 4 more had foreign keys of the wrong type
into these tables. I first did a disable with the cascade option on every table in the schema, and then successfuly altered the type of one field to numeric. But when
I tried the child table, it said it could not perform this action with current constraints.
A select on user_dependencies revealed nothing, and no constraints were enabled.
I could not even drop this table without getting the same constraint error. I am
very confused....If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. I'm using Oracle 7.1.6
by the way.
Thanks in advance....
dcowles_at_bigfoot.com Received on Sun Jun 21 1998 - 14:00:31 CDT