Passing error from PL?SQL to UNIX script wrapper. (How?)

From: ALEX J JENTILUCCI <ALEXJENT_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 11:46:54 -0500

I have been using RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR(-20100, 'Some error message') = for some time now with no apparent problem.

Now I have a UNIX script which , among other things, executes a PL/SQL = block via SQL*PLUS. It appears that when a NO_DATA_FOUND error occurs = the UNIX script does not 'see' the error. In the UNIX script the first = thing I do is check the exit code of the previous statement (sqlplus = @filename etc..)

When I echo out the exit code is 0.

Am I missing something or have I been working too long.....

How do some others deal which this???

Thanks,
Alex Received on Sat Jun 20 1998 - 11:46:54 CDT