Re: a question about create table ?

From: Peter Whyte <zephyr_at_uq.net.au>
Date: 20 Jun 1998 12:54:45 GMT

Raymond Du <rdu_at_idmcorp.com> wrote in article <6me3ma$p0i_at_nntp02.primenet.com>...

> create table newtable as
> 2 select * from orgtable
> 3 TABLESPACE TABLESPACE_02;
> TABLESPACE TABLESPACE_02
> *
> ERROR at line 3:
> ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
>
> I want to create a table by using a select statement and using
TABLESPACE_02
> tablespace.

Create table X as
Select * from Y
makes X an exact copy of Y, including Y's tablespace etc.

To do what you want you will need to first create the table using the same column name/types as orgtable, but with the different tablespace, then populate it later.

Hope this helps   Received on Sat Jun 20 1998 - 07:54:45 CDT