Re: UNIX error when connecting through server manager

From: <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/06/19

mandrew_at_my-dejanews.com writes:

> I am trying to connect internal to a database through telnet.
> When I connect it returns the following error.
>
> ORA-09817: Write to audit file failed.
> HP-UX Error: 28: No space left on device
>
> I am not real familiar with UNIX systems, but at a glance this error would
> tell me that the file system is full. But even if that is the case, why would
> connecting internally to a database return this? And what are the necessary
> steps to resolve this?

Every time that a user connects as internal to the database, the Oracle server creates a file in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/audit which records the event. To fix the problem, you need to remove the files that are contained in the audit directory.

The behavior is a requirement imposed by C2 evaluation so there is no way to turn it off.

--
                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman