Oracle 7.3.2.2.0 Installation

From: <dwhite1_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/06/19

I am attempting to install Oracle 7.3.2.2.0 on a Sparc20 running Solaris 2.5. The machine has the 2.5 Recommended Patches installed. I also added shared memory and semaphore statements to /etc/system - I copied these from another database server, so they should be correct.

I first installed 7.3.2.1.0 (since 7.3.2.2.0 is only a patch), Sql*Net V2, Sql*Plus, and the TCP/IP Adapter. I immediately thereafter installed the 7.3.2.2.0 patch.

I am unable to connect to the database with sqlplus:

> ./sqlplus

 Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found.
 Error initializing SQL*Plus

Unfortunately, I seem to have every oracle7 manual *except* the installation manual.

Has anyone experienced this before?

TIA, Derek