Re: plsql/filesystem

From: Cary Hatton <cary_hatton_at_dell.com>
Date: 1998/06/19

All you need to use is SQL Plus:

    Host path\filename newpath\filename

One thing I found: you need to put the path (even if it is the same) in both the old file and the new file or else Oracle will move it to the default directory.

Also, If this is for an archiving process, I use SQL Plus to find the current date and name the file with the date:

  >col today newvalue today1
  >select to_char(sysdate,'yyyymmdd') from dual;
  >host c:\winnt\file.txt c:\winnt\&today1..txt

You do need to two decimal points in the host command new file name.

Hope this helps.