Re: Using MS Access 97 to create a user in Oracle

From: doid <doid_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 15:13:25 GMT

You need to use a passthrough query.

You could create one with the query builder, or use an "event procedure", as I did for this password changer:

Sub passwordbutton_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_passwordbutton_Click

    Dim mycommand As String
    mycommand = "alter user " + USERNAME.Value + " identified by " + newpasswd.Value

    mydatabase.Execute mycommand, dbSQLPassThrough     MsgBox "password changed"

Exit_passwordbutton_Click:

    Exit Sub

Err_passwordbutton_Click:

    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_passwordbutton_Click

End Sub

--
The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official position of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed. Received on Fri Jun 19 1998 - 10:13:25 CDT