Re: move 4 instaces from one server to another

From: ORACLE_DBA <vkb_at_kali.cs.wayne.edu>
Date: 18 Jun 1998 19:50:52 GMT

HI, the best way to move 1 or more instances from one machine to the other is
Repeat the following steps instance by instance 1) First copy dbfiles, logfiles to the new paths 2) Using create control file command specify db name and the

    new paths of all files. ( no reset logs ) 3) Open the db with reset logs..

The reset logs is specific to how do you create your db...your db will be up and running...

Once you have done the above don't forget to make copies of control_files...

Hope this helps

Vijay

Abeeda_Mohammed_at_xn.xerox.com wrote in article <6loso9$mik$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> Hello, If I have to move 4 intances from one server to another and I have
> full backup, what are the steps to follow. This is on NT 4.0 and the
RDBMS