Called by procedure or user?

From: <oldhairy_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:24:11 GMT

Hi all,

  Is there a way to dynamically verify if a procedure/function is being called by an user (via SQL*Plus or Forms or any other client...) or by another procedure/function?

  No regular users own any objects, all procedures and functions belongs to the "application owner" and the users get access to them via roles. In our analysis phase we determined the only solution that will suit our needs is to find a way to verify if the procedure/function is being called by the client thus performing the security checks or by another procedure/function and not performing any security checks since we assumed it was done previously.

   We have checked the dynamic tabes (V$) but to no avail.

   Any ideas?

   Thanks, Ed.