Connection and Thread Problem.

From: Paolo Quaglia <paolo_at_sitek.it>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:48:48 +0200

Hi ,
I'm developing a web application to update an ORACLE DB (NT server and IIS web server).
I Use the servlet technology (java program running on the server web: like cgi program)
to connect to Oracle through a JDBC-ODBC connection.

The Problem :
Any servlet has her private connection and the servlet are executed by the web server as thread of itself=> all the connections have the same OS Process : inetinfo.exe but different Connections.

The Critical Situation is:(two servlets try to update the same record (2 transactions)

(1st servlet) BT
(1st servlet) UPDATE .....
(1st servlet) BT
(1st servlet) UPDATE (ORACLE Block this servlet and let the 1st servlet to
continue)
(1st servlet) Commit

At this point the 1st servlet is blocked too (I don't know why) and I have a stall.
I have looked at the istance manager and I see that a connection is active
(I think the 1st servlet) and the other is not active.

NB If I try the same situation with 2 processes instead of 2 Thread of the same process : all works!!!!!!!!!!

If you have same idea please send me!.

Ciao Paolo. Received on Thu Jun 18 1998 - 09:48:48 CDT