Re: Recover Instance Problem

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 08:11:44 -0500

I believe that Oracle just copies the redo log file to the archived file name. BMC's DB-Log Master for Oracle can read both te on-line and the archived files. Of course, it is possible that Oracle adds some kind of header while copying to the archive.

I also believe it is correct to apply the current redo log file after the archived files if you really want to get back to 'current'.