Re: svrmgrl on remote host...

From: <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 18 Jun 1998 08:11:20 -0400

mcmohan_at_my-dejanews.com writes:

> Hi,
>
> Please let me know whether use of SVRMGRL is supported on
>
> a remote host (e.g. can it be used from the application host(hp)
>
> if the Oracle server is not running on the application host).
>
> If answere is yes, do we need to do any settings ?
Sure, it's supported. What you need to is create a tnsnames.ora that contains an alias that points to the server that you are trying to connect to.

One caveat, though: it will not be possible to connect as internal with no password as there is no way for the Oracle server to verify the identity of whoever is running svrmgrl.
--

                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman