Re: LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL

From: Vishal <vka68_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 17:54:52 +0800

I think there you are confused between LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL and LOG_CHECKPOINT_TIMEOUT. you should set timeout as zero to disable it. Actually this parameter defines time in seconds after which an automatic checkpoint is taken. Setting it to zero disables this feature, therfore there would not be any time based checkpoints. The log_checkpoint_interval parameter defines in number of redo log buffers written after which an automatic checkpoint will be taken, if you set it to a very small value, very frequent checkpoints will occur causing a lot of activity. You should set the value to higher than the size of your redo log file size to disable automatic checkpointing.

i thought the oracle server tuning guide was very clear on these points.

hope this helps

Vishal