Re: Lost tables

From: Andrew Hodgson <andrew_at_tcamiga.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/06/17

In article <6ln6v9$fm6$1_at_galaxy.us.dell.com>, Peter Townsed <ptwonsed_at_hotmail.com> writes
>Gentlemen :
>
>Is there any way in Oracle to trace back deletion/truncation of schema
>objects (Oracle Tables)
>Several tables are missing from a production database and we suspect this
>was done by a disgruntled employee
>Any information will be appreciated
>thanks
>Peter Townsed

Recover from an old backup, when the tables existed, Export the tables, then restore your current system and import them again. That is assuming you have a reasonable backup policy .... ??

           |    Andrew Hodgson - Andrew_at_tcamiga.demon.co.uk   |
           |                     www.tcamiga.demon.co.uk      |
           |  Amiga 1200 030 33Mhz    |       6x86 P150+      |
           | 250Mb HD   HD Disk Drive | Quad Spd CD 5.3 Gb HD |
           | 6Mb Ram | CDTV | Motorola SurfR 56K |  80Mb Ram  |
                           Resistance is futile...