Performance Problems on Oracle 7.3.2.3 after HPUX 10.20 upgrade

From: Linda Montgomery <montgolh_at_jmu.edu>
Date: 17 Jun 1998 17:23:11 GMT

We just upgraded to HPUX 10.20 from 10.10 and are seeing extreme slowdowns in response times. The Unix version was the only change made. Oracle version is 7.3.2.3, same as it was on 10.10. There is no apparent problem in the Oracle database based on all the performance monitoring we have done, and the slow response times are seen in more than just one instance on that machine, by many users, excuting various queries. The only clue we see is that the index tablespace datafile is getting sustained high disk read rates on every query against the database, but that may be perfectly normal.

Our Unix Admins think all the unix parameters are the same as they were before, and the init.ora files are unchanged.

Has anyone else experience this problem?? OR can anyone suggest where we can look for answers?? Received on Wed Jun 17 1998 - 12:23:11 CDT