Re: Oracle Performance on RAID 5

From: Han Brinkman <hbrinkman_at_profuse.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:26:52 +0200

What I have heard from a hardware vendor is that when your I/O is consisting more than 30% of write actions Raid-5 is slower because of the overhead of writing the parity.
I think a that case your rbs and redo files should be on a mirrorred disk and your normal db files could reside on a raid-5 fs.

Han Brinkman Received on Wed Jun 17 1998 - 03:26:52 CDT