Re: rollback segment too small

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 23:07:44 GMT

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998 05:40:38 GMT, rok <rok_at_MCI2000.com> wrote:
>1. You commit every few thousand rows or whatever batch size your rollback
>segment can handle.
>2. I hope you know that you can have more than one data file for each
>tablespace. And there is no limit on number of datafiles for a tablespace,
>I believe. Each datafile can be upto 2GB. So each time you run out of space
>you can add one more datafile of 2GB. So you should not have any problems.

Watch out for maxdatafiles in create database and db_files in init.ora! (and /etc/system parameters for maximum number of open file descriptors on unix).

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest

or Pebble In The Sky                     http://www.informationquest.com

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/joel_garry jgarry@nospameiq.com
"See your DBA?"  I AM the @#%*& DBA!     Remove nospam to reply.  Sorry.