Re: ORACLE INSTANCE IS DOWN

From: Prasad Chavali <pchavali_at_assettech.com>
Date: 16 Jun 1998 13:54:01 -0700

To analyze your problem, there may some more information needed.

Do you two INIT.ORA files for your instances INITDEVEL.ORA and INITTEST.ORA? What is your Server OS?

If it is NT are the services setup to start both instances automatically? What is the Default Oracle sid on the machine? Did you change the ORACLE_SID parameter before making changes to INIT files and before starting the databases?

Thanks
Prasad Chavali
pchavali_at_assettech.com