ORACLE INSTANCE IS DOWN

From: BHAVESH PATEL <BHAVESH-PATEL_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 07:42:44 -0400

Hi
I tried to change the INIT.ORA file settings and then after saving the .ORA file. I tried to reboot my system. So during thre boot up the Instance can start on its own. I dont know what the problem was, H/w or S/W. The .ORA file got junk lines from somewhere, I fixed the .ORA file from the backup copy. I tried to start the instance, actually, I was under the impression that, I am running the Development , where as the Instance that was started was that of TEST. Since test and Devlopment both resides on the same m/c. Now I tried to change the settings and fix the INIT.ORA and my devlp. instance is started, Still my TEST instance is failing and not letting me to mount the database. What I need to do? Can anyone please be of any use to me. Thanks and have a nice day.
-BHAVESH
(bhavesh-patel_at_worldnet.att.net ) Received on Tue Jun 16 1998 - 06:42:44 CDT