create synonyms

From: <ogerardin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/06/15

Hello there,

In trying to translate DB creation scripts from Oracle to SQL server 6.5, I've come to the conclusion that there is no equivalent to the "create synonym" statement of Oracle... This is a real problem for me, since the tables are to be created as some user, and accessed as another user. With Oracle, using synonyms allowed me to refer to a table simply as "tablename" and not as "tableowner.tablename".

Does anyone know what is the way to create synonyms with SQL server; or to access another user's tables without having to prefix them with his name?

Any help welcome

Olivier