Re: Altering Rollback Segments Offline

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 02:10:16 GMT

A couple of things come to mind:

  1. Are you sure you're using the pfile that you just edited?
  2. In addition to taking the rbs's offline, go ahead and drop them (after they go offline normal). That way they can't possibly reappear after you bounce the instance. If you're hitting the wrong pfile somehow, you will get some errors in the alert log.
  3. It's not inconceivable that you have an Oracle version with some really odd bug. If this continues, call Oracle Support and have them search for any bugs on this topic for your version.

Good luck,
Dave