Developer 2000 Form BLOCK_STATUS Changes

From: <wssi_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:46:24 GMT

I am using Developer 2000 version 2.1 to develop an application accessing an Oracle database version 7.3. I have form that contains one canvas with items from three different blocks. The blocks have no Relation setup between them. When I show the Form it's WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger is executed. The code in the trigger only retrieves data for one of the blocks. I use the Developer 2000 Debugger to step through the code in the trigger. After all of the code is executed in the trigger the one Block's BLOCK_STATUS is QUERY. When the form is displayed I just close the form without changing any data on the form. Then for some reason I get the "Do you want to save the changes you have made" message box even though I have not changed anything. If I use the Debugger to set a break point just before I execute "do_key('exit_form')" I see that the RECORD_STATUS, BLOCK_STATUS for the one BLOCK I am quering is CHANGED and FORM_STATUS is CHANGED. How can I track down what is causing the RECORD_STATUS to become CHANGED?

Mark