Re: Oracle7 to SQL*Server

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:00:25 GMT

Phil Britton <phil.britton_at_prismtechnologies.com> wrote:

>michael t hudacko wrote:
>>
>> We need to Update a SQL*Server database from an Oracle7 database?
>>
>> Any Ideas? We just installed our first SQl*Server db (obviously do not know
>> much about it)
>
>Try asking Microsoft ;-)

Using something like Access establish a link to the Oracle Table and to the SqlServer db - Using the 'update query' type from Access to update the SqlServer from an Oracle query....

Or,
Use a report writer like Crystal Reports to export from Oracle to SqlServer ( assuming ODBC drivers for both )

There are probably many more ways to do this, but these are a start...

Hope it helps,
John Greco
Oracle DBA
Email to john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us Received on Mon Jun 15 1998 - 11:00:25 CDT