Re: SQL-02113

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:28:50 +0200

Stephan Quitzsch wrote in message ...
>Hello!!
>
>when connecting to the Oracle7 Server using sqlplus from a client machine
>(both sun), I get the following message:
>
>ERROR: ORA-12500: Unable to open message file (SQL-02113).
>
>The documantation says that I should check "ora_sqllib" but I have no idea
>what that means. Also I searched the whole server tree for "sqlli*.msb"
>files but did not find them.
>
>Do I have to install message files, or create them?
>
>What can I do? Help is appreciated.

Primary error is ORA-12500 (Cannot start a dedicated server process by SQL*Net 2 listener). Probably, the reason is bad configuration in listener.ora file (for example bad ORACLE_HOME path) or starting listener as ordinary user which has not sufficient rights to start oracle process.

The problem with opening message file is that probably you didn't install your national message files. Set NLS_LANG as for example American_america.<your_charset> and you'll get english messages. (Probably you might have German territory & language settings). Try installing them via orainst (at client side).

HTH,
Piotr
--
 Piotr Kolodziej