RPT Conversion

From: Emis Technical <technical_at_emis.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 12:15:31 +0100

RPT to PL/SQL Conversion
Following development for in-house use at Emis we are now in a position to provide a low cost converter tool set to convert from Oracle's RPT to PL/SQL. We have found the tool set quite invaluable in converting RPTs for our customer base and have cut the conversion resources to a very small percentage of that required to rewrite the reports. As Oracle no longer support RPT this has proved invaluable to Emis and our customer base.

The converter can take any RPT and with little or no intervention create a PL/SQL derived report that can be run on any version of Oracle that supports PL/SQL. A fully formatted report is produced. The reports may be run within an SQL program with the PL/SQL stored on the server; resulting in improved performance over the previous RPT. The report, in PL/SQL, may easily be edited for future changes by those familiar with RPT style programming. Reports may also be run from client server tools - we run them from Visual Basic applications.

Visit our web site (http://www.emis.co.uk/specials/erc.htm ) for more details of Emis and our ERC (Emis Report Converter ) product. Received on Mon Jun 15 1998 - 06:15:31 CDT