Re: passing URLs as parameter values in OWA 3.0

From: Richard Willemsen <rwillems_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1998/06/13

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998 22:35:05 +0200, "Rohrbacher, Ing. Boris" <rohbo_at_sbox.tu-graz.ac.at> wrote:

>The problem is very simple to solve.
>It all has to do with allowed character encoding in URLs.
>For instance when you would like to pass a parameter via an URL all "special" characters
>have to be encoded in a %HEXVALUE - notation
>And this includes blanks, all non printable chars and all reserved chars. So ? is
>definitly a reserved char and it should be encoded as %3F
>Please refer to RFC 1738 which you can find under
>http://www.marlant.hlfx.dnd.ca/Connected/RFC/1738/4.htm for a complete reference of char
>encoding in URLs

I can remember that I tried this in the past and it did not work (OWS 2). I converted the & sign to %hexvalue and OWS still converts this to & and interprets everything to separate parameters while it should be one parameter.

grtnx,
Richard

Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

Richard Willemsen
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rwillems/ Received on Sat Jun 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT