rollback segment too small

From: Ong Chin Hui <chong_at_hq.psa.com.sg>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 05:04:07 GMT

I have an application that keep hitting 'rollback segment too small' problem. The reason is likely due to a large table with a lots of update/insert.

The daily batch run application goes like this :

	main()
	{

// select the unprocessed records using cursor
select * from TABLE_A where processed_i = 0
// process the records
for each record { // processing of record update/insert TABLE_B // update record as processed if no error update TABLE_A set processed_i = 1 } }

My TABLE_A has 60000-80000 new records per day.

Apart from increasing the rollback segment ( it is now 1GB ), what else can I do ?

Also, I would like to keep the records in TABLE_A for up to 3-6 months, which may overrun the limit of 2GB file size in UNIX. Is there any solution ?

Wonder whether those big Database Size user facing the same problem and what solution they have ? Received on Sat Jun 13 1998 - 00:04:07 CDT