Re: D2k question----Menu security

From: Wernberg-Tougaard <wernberg-Tougaard_at_uvm.dk>
Date: 1998/06/12

Maarten Scharroo <m.scharroo_at_elsevier.nl> skrev i artiklen <357FED60.9F7D46DC_at_elsevier.nl>...

<cut>

> You should create a user in the repository and 'grant' the role in the
> repository to that user.

Thanks,

But to be sure: Do I have to state all my existing DB-users in the repository ?? and when you say "grant" do you mean not to execute the DDL-statements for user-grants, so that it's only in the repository the users exist ? This is what I hoped was enough for the roles, just to state the roles in the repositiory and then make use of these roles to access modules (which is what you can do in F45).

--
Christian Wernberg-Tougaard
Political Economist