Re: ODBC timeiouts - what to do

From: Phil Britton <phil.britton_at_prismtechnologies.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 09:35:17 +0100

GT Jeff Cherer wrote:

> how have you guys dealt with client stations disconnecting due to odbc
> timeouts???
> is there anything on the server side that can help the problem?? or is it
> just the vb coder's responsibility?
>
> thanx

It could be that the listener is timing out. Set the parameter CONNECT_TIMEOUT_listenername=some_number in LISTENER.ORA

Default is 10 secs maybe you need longer? Setting to 0 means it never time out

HtH

Phil

--

Phil Britton (Senior Consultant) "The opinions here are mine, I thought of them, they are my opinions"
phil.britton_at_prismtechnologies.com       PrismTech Ltd.