Updating a table if a file has been downloaded?

From: Joep Hendrix <joep.hendrix_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 21:15:02 +0200

I am working on Intranet site which is programmed in Pl/SQL using OWS21.

I have two questions:

Q-1)
I want to update a table if a user clicked to download a file. How can I implement this?

Q-2)
The users want to download an ASCII-file. The corporatie webbrowser is unfortunately MSIE3.02 and clicking on a hyperlink in order to download it will not work with MSIE as long as the content of the file is ASCII. What do I have to do to get a ASCII file downloadable in MSIE?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Joep Hendrix Received on Fri Jun 12 1998 - 14:15:02 CDT