Trouble with Instance Manager on NT4 and Ora7.3.

From: Greg Parsons <parsons_at_inmet.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 18:34:26 GMT

Hi,

    Instance Mgr seems to work strangely.     I've set up 4 databases (A,B,C and D). When I ran ORADIM73 for databases A&B, it created both Services and Instances and started them within NT Server Mgr. Yet, when I run the strtA.cmd or strtB.cmd it only starts the Service within NT Server Mgr and leaves the Instance (Start) off. When I ran ORADIM73 for databases C&D, it created only Services. Yet, when I run the strtC.cmd or strtD.cmd it starts both the Service and the Instance. There isn't any differences (save for the sid and pfile parms) between the 4 command files.

    I've triied changing passwords, deleting the sid's and services from IM and recreating them. All, to no avail.

    Any ideas would be appreciated. What did I miss? Greg Received on Fri Jun 12 1998 - 13:34:26 CDT