Re: "ed" command doesn't work under SQL*PLUS???

From: Lothar Armbrüster <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 12 Jun 98 19:43:45 +0100

Jack Zhu schrieb am 11-Jun-98 21:33:19 zum Thema "Re: "ed" command doesn't work under SQL*PLUS???":

>I tried use "wordpad", but still the same problem.

>Any idea?

>Thanks a lot!

Just an idea, how about the good old edit from DOS?

I normally use another aproach. If I have to do some longer SQL scripting, I use my favorite editor an then use the @ command in SQL*Plus. You also have the option using SQL*Worksheet. Okay, it is a bit silly (i.e. it does not have the PAUSE variable, so if you select 600000 rows you have to wait since it dous not have any ability to stop the query. At least in the version that comes with 7.3.3)

If I mistype in SQL*Plus I usually use the (very limited) editing capabilities of SQL*Plus itself e.g.

c/user_tobles/user_tables

changes user_tobles to user_tables in the current line.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--

Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de