Re: "ed" command doesn't work under SQL*PLUS???

From: George Meltser <meltser_at_aigfpc.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 11:27:13 -0400

Jack,
we got the same problem some time ago.
I still do not know what the exact solution was, but here is what i did to solve it.
I found out that it is very important to install Oracle Client correctly. if you use different versions of "support" files for different software (SQL*Net, SQL*Plus, SQL*Forms, OEM etc) you may have problems. I found the least common denominator for our software (7.3.2.2.0), installed it
from scratch and never overwrote these support files with the newer versions.
It fixed most of our problems.
If you can take a new PC, install just SQL*Net and SQL*Plus on it from ONE CD, i am sure your "ed" would work just fine. Try it.

Regards,
George ( meltser_at_aigfpc.com ) Received on Fri Jun 12 1998 - 10:27:13 CDT