Re: move 4 instaces from one server to another

From: <Abeeda_Mohammed_at_xn.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 13:49:17 GMT

Hello, The system Admin who is configuring the new server says that he will be changing the IP address of the new server once I finish the Oracle installation on the new machine, with the 4 intances from the old server, to old server's IP adddress. How will it affect the working of the Oracle services? My assumption is it will only affect the TNSNAMES.ORA and the the Oracle Agent and the listener. So if I recreate them I shouldn't have a problem. Is there something which I am missing out.

Abeeda