[Fwd: Create Database ...]

From: Sebastian Rehm (QI/LBS3-Rt) <Sebastian.Rehm_at_rt.bosch.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 09:40:45 +0200

attached mail follows:

Hi,

Lets take a look at Your ORA-XXXX -Errors:

> SVRMGR> create database Test
> 2> controlfile reuse
> 3> logfile 'D:\OraNT\DATABASE\TEST\log1Test.ora' size 10M reuse,
> 4> 'D:\OraNT\DATABASE\TEST\log2Test.ora' size 10M reuse
> 5> datafile 'D:\OraNT\DATABASE\TEST\sys1Test.ora' size 100M reuse
> 6> autoextend on
> 7> next 5M maxsize 50M
> 8> character set WE8ISO8859P1;
> create database Test
> *
> ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE ??

01501, 00000, "CREATE DATABASE failed"
// *Cause: An error occurred during create database // *Action: See accompanying errors.

> ORA-01519: ????? '%RDBMS80%\ADMIN\SQL.BSQ' ?? 207 ????????
01519, 00000, "error while processing file '%s' near line %s"// *Cause: CREATE DATABASE encountered a problem while processing

//          specified file.  The specified file is bad.
// *Action: Retry your system installation procedure or contact
//          your customer support representative.

> ORA-00604: ??? SQL ?? 1 ????
00604, 00000, "error occurred at recursive SQL level %s"// *Cause: An error occurred while processing a recursive SQL statement

//         (a statement applying to internal dictionary tables).
// *Action: If the situation described in the next error on the stack
//         can be corrected, do so; otherwise contact Oracle Support.

> ORA-02494: ? MAXSIZE ????????????????

02494, 00000, "invalid or missing maximum file size in MAXSIZE clause"// *Cause: UNLIMITED was not specified, or an invalid integer value was

//         specified, for the MAXSIZE clause in the DATAFILE file list.
//         The MAXSIZE value cannot be smaller than the SIZE value.
// *Action: Use correct syntax.

> Here I got two problems:
> 1. Some errors occurred when creating database as shown above, in fact, the controlfile and logfiles are sucessful created.

I think there is a syntax-problem in your create-database-statement .

> 2. Some strange characters shown in the error message (question mark as shown above), I am using Chinese-Edition Oracle and NT Server.

I think the strange syntax is caused by the European character set 'WE8ISO8859P1' with the Chinese-Edition of Oracle and NT.

Perhaps you have to try another character set like 'ZHS16GBK' (set NLS_LANG="SIMPLIFIED CHINESE_CHINA.ZHS16GBK")

Regards
Sebastian Received on Fri Jun 12 1998 - 02:40:45 CDT