Re: How to determine all the instances on a server

From: Rich Richardson <therichardsons_at_tdi.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 07:45:25 -0400

Randy Watts wrote:

> Is there a select statement or system command dimilar to sysbase's
> sp_helpdb
> that you can use to determine all the instances running on a particular
> server

Randy,
If this is a UNIX system you could look at /etc/oratab and the entries would tell you what was supposed to be running. Otherwise you would use ps -ef | grep oracle | grep pmon and I believe this would reduce the number to a quick and dirty view.

Rich. Received on Thu Jun 11 1998 - 06:45:25 CDT