Re: move 4 instaces from one server to another

From: Robert Hart <rhart_at_gov.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:22:29 -0600

Hi

Never tried it from 8.03 but I did do it with 7.3.3.0 What you need to do is create four NEW instances on the new server and then just drop your control files, database files, and init files into those four new instances. That is what Oracle told me to do.

The Process was the same as upgrading to 7.3.3 from 7.2.1 and was documented in the upgrade guide. haven't seen the version eight stuff yet, I'm too cautious to upgrade when my stuff works.

l8r
Rob