Re: ERROR: Invalid SGA with Oracle 7 on Win NT

From: Mark and Karen Nolte <mknolte_at_megsinet.net>
Date: 11 Jun 1998 01:41:00 GMT

If a PMON error occured, the PMON background process is down and so is the instance. You will have to shutdown the database with the 'abort' option from the server manager or instance manager and restart it.

To find out why the PMON error happened, check the alert.log and the pmon.trc file for that instance.

Davide Zuccante <davide.zuccante_at_dsgroup.it> wrote in article <6lgfpl$16em$1_at_urano.inet.it>...
> I had a generic PMON error while I was working with Oracle Schema
Manager. Received on Wed Jun 10 1998 - 20:41:00 CDT