Re: INTERNAL has insuff. privledges

From: Rich Severson <rsevers_at_megsinet.net>
Date: 10 Jun 1998 20:11:06 GMT

I've ran into the ORA-01031: insufficient privileges error running Oracle 7.3.4 on NT 4.0. The error was very misleading because the real problem was that the password had been changed for the account. In my case it was also the internal (sys) account. It was changed via the Oracle NT Instance Manager application (Not Enterprise Manager). As long as your database is set to autostartup there should be a strtSID.CMD file within your ORANT\DATABASE which is a script for starting the NT service. Look for the -usrpwd switch and use that trailing password.

dean_at_gfsmortgage.com wrote in article <6lmlbj$7uq$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...