Re: letting user see another user's index in user_indexes

From: Lothar Armbrüster <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 10 Jun 98 20:40:55 +0100

On 10-Jun-98 17:12:09 chrisoc wrote:

>When a user selects from user_indexes he can only see what's defined
>on his own tables. How can user A see the names of indexes, etc.
>of objects owned by user B? I have tried granting INDEX to the other
>user, and granting select on the table. None of that has the desired
>effect. Oracle 7.3.2 on Solaris.

Hello Chris,
you should be able to see other user's indexes queryin ALL_INDEXES. There you should see any index you have access to (i.e. you are able to access the corresponding tables).

>Chris O'Connor

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--

Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de