CPU usage of Oracle Webserver - unlimited?

From: James Dickson <James.Dickson_at_mail.esrin.esa.it>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 18:14:20 +0200

I am attempting to limit the CPU usage of Oracle webserver based queries.

Setting resource_limit to true, I implemented a profile which limited CPU. I noticed the following behaviour: when logging in to the database via sql*plus and performing a CPU-intensive query, the session terminates with   ORA-02393: exceeded call limit on CPU usage as I would expect. However when a CPU-intensive query is launched via Oracle webserver the CPU usage (as reported by v$sesstat) is extremely low and the query does not terminate. At the same time the CPU of the machine is getting hammered, as can be seen at the unix command line level from a ps listing. So it seems as if the web request broker is able to bypass the CPU limit set in the profile and take what it likes behind the scenes.

Does anybody how to limit it some other way?

Thanks,
 James
--
james_at_valhall.esrin.esa.it.nospam Received on Wed Jun 10 1998 - 11:14:20 CDT