Re: SQL*Net problem with Oracle 8.0.3/Solaris 2.5

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 10 Jun 1998 11:44:52 GMT

Hi:

What you cantry is:

Check how many listener services for Oracle 8 has been started.

If you get Net8 installed, there are listener80 (for Net8). If not, listener should be there. Play around and start the right one.

Check how many version of listenser.ora, tnsname.ora, and sqlnet.ora in the system. Use the one which appropiate.

Please note that all objects used by Net8 are sufix with 80.

Then, start the listener, start the database.

Best regards,

Hartmann (hartmann_at_systemconsult.de) wrote:
: Hi,

: I installed the Oracle 8.0.3 environment on Sun SPARC, Solaris 2.5
: with SQL*Net and configured tnsnames.ora etc. correctly (I think). I
: started up an instance and a TNS listener using the lsnrctl. On testing
: the connection with
: Net8 Assistant I get an error message:

: C: Trying:
: vvd/vvd@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=sun01.systemconsult.de)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=viva)))

: Logon failure
: ORACLE error
: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

: eventhough SID and user/pwd are correct ... checked with sqlplus and it
: works (setenv ORACLE_SID viva; sqlplus user/pwd). However "sqlplus
: vvd/vvd_at_viva" does not work: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service
: name.

: What is the problem ?? Did I forget some configuration/installation part
: ????

: Andre. :O

--
Best regards, Received on Wed Jun 10 1998 - 06:44:52 CDT