OWAS 3.0 and Session Expired Messages

From: Michelle Warner <hrdbdy_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1998/06/09

I have an application running on OWAS 3.0. I create dynamic pages based on queries on the database. Some of the information being pulled backed is displayed as a link which when clicked calls a stored procedure. However, if I should leave my page sit for a while and then click on of those links I get another page with the message Session Expired. I go back a page - to where the links are and click again and I am able to call the stored procedure. Does anyone know of a way to prevent this message from appearing? Is there a way to determine if a connection still exists? (I'm assuming here that the connection to the database is lost and must be reestablish - the user does not have to log back into the database though.)

Also, is there a way the user can log out of the database from within the browser once they are finished with the database but want to continue to use the browser?

Thanks in advance.

Michelle Warner Received on Tue Jun 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT