Re: creating multiple instances on NT

From: Venkat <vreddy_at_no_spamix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 17:03:19 -0400

Follow the steps below
1. make a copy of yoyur existng initsid file and make requisite changes (db_name, control_files etc to reflect new SID)
2. use oradim73 to create a new service/instance as below   C:\oradim73 -NEW -SID newsid -PFILE path to new initsid -USRPWD internal password -STARTTYPE SRVC, INST -STARTMODE AUTO 3. set oracle_sid (e.g. C:\ set oracle_sid=newsid) 4. make sure the new service is started by looking at the services from control panel. The service will be something like "oracleserviceSID"

5. fire up server manager
6. connect internal/new password you specified for -USRPWD
7. startup nomount pfile=path to new initSID
8. if you get ora-09352 the service is not started - start the service and proceed
9. run the create database script

HTH
Venkat