Can't connect to ORACLE LITE from sqlplus

From: Pierre <proussin_at_tactik.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 21:06:15 GMT

Hi,

    Being an experienced certified DBA, I feel like idiot asking this question.

    I've installed an ORACLE Lite database on my nt workstation to do some test.

    The version is 2.4.3.1.1.
    I can't connect to the default [polite] database with sqlplus.

    I use the oot_sch user created by the install and I don't enter any connect string since

    it's local. My local var in the registry is not defined so it's not pointing to anything.

        I remember a few years having installed a personal oracle 7.2 and not having this problem

        Anyone can help

        Thanks in advance Received on Tue Jun 09 1998 - 16:06:15 CDT