Re: Why does using two indexes slow down my query?

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 9 Jun 1998 13:40:54 GMT

Re-analyze the table using a sample size. You implied that you used the default estimate which generates terrible results for larger tables. Try 'analyze table my_table estimate statistics sample 50000 rows;' and the re-try your query. Alternately you could just re-analyze the indexes doing computes on them and check for any effect on your query performance.

patrickk_at_mindspring.com wrote in article <6ljb91$e3t$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
> I'm having a problem with Oracle that I have not seen in other DBMSs.
I'm no

table
> of about 5 million rows. Each record is relatively wide (300 bytes
so).
> I am using Oracle 7.3 for NT.
> count(*)
> "9,000"