HELP ABOUT Replication/LONG

From: Albert Borrull <aborrull_at_sgosoft.com>
Date: 9 Jun 1998 07:50:58 GMT

Hello world:

 I'm working with Oracle 7 Server Release 7.3.4.0.1 in a SUN and i need "replicate" a table with Long data. I know that Oracle dont support it, but .. Do you know some workarount?.

I can convert a Long to N varchar using package dbms_sql (procedure column_value_long) and then "replicate" this varchar2 but after i can't convert this N varchar2 to long another time.

Could you give me some idea? Thanks. Received on Tue Jun 09 1998 - 02:50:58 CDT