"Input Truncated" Message

From: Michael A. Rife <MRife_at_admin.usf.edu>
Date: 1998/06/08

I have a developer who is writing a SQL*Plus script to run nightly in a Unix CRON job. She is spooling the output of the SQL*Plus script to a flat file. She receives this message at the end of the file: "Input truncated to 10 characters". The SELECT statement executed with no problems. The data file was not missing any data. I ran the same Korn shell script and SQL*Plus script in my Unix account and did not get this message. We are running Sun Solaris and Oracle 7.3.3.

What causes this message to occur? Is there a SQL*Plus SET option that can be changed to correct the cause or supress this message?

Thanks for any help or ideas. Please respond via net posting as well as e-mail to MRife_at_Admin.USF.edu Received on Mon Jun 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT