Re: IIS 3.0 and Web App Server 3.0

From: <mandelia_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 14:50:24 GMT

In article <35767D63.7608B1A1_at_pacbell.net>,   Hubert Llanes <hllanes_at_pacbell.net> wrote:

> HELP! I'm running Web App Server 3.0 on Windows NT using IIS 3.0 as the
> listener.
> Our application uses the PL/SQL cartridge exclusively to generate the
> HTML. It works
> fine for a while with a few users accessing the system contiuously for
> about an hour, then
> the users start getting the following error message from their IE 4.0
> browser:
>
> "IE 4.0 cannot open the internet site
> http://ourwebsite/app/plsql..... The
> server returned an invalid or unrecognized response"
>
> Once the users get this message, I have to restart IIS as well as all
> Oracle WRB services.
> I've tested the same application using WAS 3.0 on UNIX and haven't had
> any problems.
> The only reason we're using Windows NT is all users (approx. 200) have
> NT accounts
> and we're trying to avoid having a separate set of accounts to maintain
> if we went the
> UNIX route. Using IIS 3.0, I can simply select NT Challenge/Response as
> the authentication
> method.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Hubert

Hi Hubert:

I apologize, I cannot help you with your query, but I have one of mine. I have to work on a similar environment for a project for my graduate study and have a problem I was hoping you could help me with.

I need to generate an email to a user from a form. The email address needs to be picked up from the database and email has to be generated upon pressing a button on the form automatically. This button is a "Update Table" button and not a send email link.
I had an idea - using HTP.MAILTO but am not sure if that will work. Kindly helpme.
My personal email here is : mandelia_at_nimbus.temple.edu

Thanks.
Manish