Re: Archive to DAT?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 13:54:24 +0200

Software Administrator wrote in message <357A425C.15BE_at_pacbell.net>...
>I am running Oracle 7.3 for NT. I would like to write off line archive
>to a DAT tape directoly. Does any one know how?

Try with the Unix shell software for NT. There's a couple of them on the market and AFAIK they give you raw access to the tape device. One of the "Unix for NT" projects is from www.cygnus.com (Free Software Foundation code) - the others I know of are sold on the commercial market (and can be quite expensive).

regards,
Billy Received on Mon Jun 08 1998 - 06:54:24 CDT